What are the best areas of your favorite MMO
Fresh and varied areas are extremely important for MMOs and MMORPG. They give the world of the game their face and have a great influence on the game. What areas of MMO have been especially successful?
You can not underestimate the importance of good areas in the MMOs. They give us the first impression of how a game will be seen, the opponents in it and the general atmosphere. Consequently, development teams often strive a lot in areas to make them great and interesting.
Sometimes it works better, sometimes less. Games as a means have had existed for some years and certain standard areas have been established in the games that can be found in virtually all games: deserts, swamps, dense forests, mountains.
But there are always atypical values in areas of the MMOs that really leave us speechless. There are areas where, for example, you feel authentic surprise when you enter them for the first time. Or maybe you only discover your advantages after spending a little more time there. In any case, they leave us a strong impression.
Can you think of areas like this in your favorite MMO? I will make the beginning:
- Destiny 1 – The battleship of the hive: What loved the stupid area? For me, even after years, expresses everything Hive has done in D1. Dark, dirty, disgusting, disturbing and spooky. I always liked it very much to be out there, either for Strikes, the case of the RAID KING or the ORYX court. It is one of my favorite areas of MMOs in terms of gameplay, design and narration.
- Destiny 2 – City of Dreams: Even if, unlike many others, it was not a great forsaken admirer, the area was definitely a highlight for me. Optics combines elegant buildings with taken corruption and is simply great. The car behind him was also very exciting.
- Lost Ark – The oceans: is a slightly different area type, but the ocean map in Last Ark left me hallucinated. There are so many activities that are fun and secret to discover. I will definitely not forget my first encounter with a ghost ship in the short term.
- Final Fantasy Xi – Al Zhabi: That was difficult. In FFXI, each area is associated with special memories for me. But Zhabi is still my favorite thanks to the history of the city and besieged mode. It was always an important event when the area was invaded by monsters and the players had to fight together against them. A great LAG festival, which was very funny even when it was defeated.
- Final Fantasy XIV – The Tempestad / Amaurot: Everything is perfect in the area. The revelation in the game was fantastic, the story behind it was first class and the look is very good. Even if there is little to do in the area after completing all the missions, I love hanging the time there to take screenshots.
From left to right: Hive Dreadnought, Dreaming City, Zahbi, Amaurot and Seas